Wednesday, December 2, 2009

It's time to get my act together

I've noticed that for the past few months I've averaged maybe one or two blog posts per month. Any credible blogger knows that any credible blog is updated with at least three posts per week. I still haven't given up a dream I had of working in the marketing/business communications arena. At first, I though the only organizations worth working for were professional sports franchises or other national brand names, but I'm learning every day that plenty of other, smaller companies are out there that provide quality products and services.

Take my new company for example. Maybe 25 people work here total. You'll probably never see a GroupCast spot during the Super Bowl. Not many people even know about us in St. Louis where our office is. But we offer a great product, with incredible customer service, our employees are happy and just trying to make an honest living.

I received an early birthday present from my late grandfather Herb "Papa" Fischer. He left each of the grandkids a piece of the pie for lack of better words. My parents originally decided that 25 would be a good age to give this gift. Since I was closer to 25 than 24 at the time and since I really needed the cash money, my parent gave it to me a little early. With that, I paid off my credit card instantly. So now that I'm credit card debt-free and working only ONE full-time job instead of a few bull shit part-time jobs, I hope to live a more exciting lifestyle.

Even though I'm (mostly) happily employed, I'm still networking my butt off. I still have long-term goals. I still think I know what I want to do with my career.

No comments: