Friday, January 30, 2009

A new era begins

I had a follow-up meeting with my contact with the St. Louis Soccer United and it went very as they offered me a "job."

My parents of course were excited as well the girl I'm dating, but when they asked: "So what will you be doing?" All I could honestly say was: "Well I really don't know yet." So I will do my best to describe the situation as clearly as possible.

Over in Collinsville, IL lives an ex-lawyer turned ba-jillionaire. He settled some big corporate case and become a millionaire over night, so I've been told. He has since reinvested his money into a variety of companies and enterprises. One of his projects is St. Louis Soccer United.

In short, St. Louis Soccer United is a professional soccer investment and development group dedicated to bringing a Major League Soccer team and state-of-the-art stadium facility to the St. Louis area.

St. Louis Soccer United is proposing the development of a multi-pronged project that includes:

1. Securing an expansion franchise in Major League Soccer
2. A state-of-the-art soccer complex with an 18,500-seat stadium
3. Eight fully lit FIFA-approved synthetic turf fields and a professional grass training pitch
4. Approximately 400 acres of new urbanism development including retail, office, and residential uses.

Affiliated with St. Louis Soccer United in St. Louis' long-time youth and amatuer Scott-Gallagher Soccer Club. Scott-Gallagher SC currently has 275 boy's and girl's teams training out of eight soccer complexes on both the Missouri and Illinois sides of the St. Louis metro area.

Mr. Cooper is also writing the checks for the Women's Professional Soccer team Atletica that kicks off this spring. Atletica will be affiliated with St. Louis Soccer United, but Cooper is the sole-investor for that franchise. The men's MLS team will be funded and a group of investors.

All in all, this whole thing is a massive operations and they need support staff memembers to make it all work. At the moment and under the current financial situation, St. Louis Soccer United cannot justify hiring more full-time staff. However, they offered me a part-time job that's more like free-lance work.

My contacts will call me with a project they need done and a deadline. When the project is done, I'll be reimbursed. Website development, e-marketing, game-ops and youth club communication, administration and coaching are some of the areas they can see me fitting into.

So if you want to know about my second job, that's the best I can do for now!

No comments: