Monday, January 12, 2009

A girl on a train

When life throws you a curve ball, sometimes it's just best to pick it up and run with it.

I'm not sure when I first said this. Nor am I 100% sure it's an original proverb. But when I say it, the words couldn't be any more true.

Nearly two weeks ago I met a girl on my train ride up to Chicago. We exchanged numbers and met up once we got back to St. Louis.

We met up one night and somehow things just clicked. There was no real explanation as to why we hit it off so well- we just did.

Her mom calls it a "winter fling." At this point, I'm not sure what to call it- I'm just along for the ride.

She's a senior at Mizzou. I'm starting a new a job as a soccer instructor at the Ozzie Smith Sports Academy.

So who knows- we'll see where this goes.

No comments: