Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Date Night

A couple weeks ago I saw a car on the side of the road with its hazard lights on. I stopped and asked what the problem was. "My car just died," was the woman's response. So I pulled around to jump start her car. When the woman got out of her car, my jaw just dropped. She was beautiful and appeared to be in her twenties. I made every attempt to jump start her car and keep her dry as the rain fell no luck.
I gave her my number and told her to call me just to let me know she was okay. She was cute and I wanted to see her again.

To speed things up a bit, I convinced her to go on a date with me. I picked her up for drinks and appetizers at Bar Louie in Kirkwood. Things were kind of awkward at first, but we seemed to hit a groove and the conversation just flowed from there. She is a very smart and motivated young woman. Much more motivated than I was at that age. She hasn't even graduated from college yet but is already working for the company who will offer her a full time position in the spring. That's awesome.

Next thing we realized it was 11:30 or so. I picked her up at seven. We had lost all track of time in good conversation. A woman hasn't caught nor kept my attention like that in quite sometime. Unfortunately the night had to come to an end.

As I walked her to her front doorstep, I asked her if I could see her again.

She said yes.

No comments: