Friday, May 8, 2009

Saying Goodbye

Dear Potential Employers,

I'm sorry but I must take a break from my regularly scheduled blogging to write a tribute to my grandmother Wilma Bush Fischer who passed away late last week.

Saying good-bye to someone you love no matter what the circumstances is never easy. She had been battling with Alzheimer's and dementia for years, so needless to say I was much more at please with this death than my grandfather's this past summer. Her suffering is now over and she is in Heaven with my grandfather. However, I still felt my eyes welling up with tears and my voice cracking as the pastor spoke his words. I think it was because the pastor forced us to remember all the good times instead of the bad.

Yes, my "Gama" probably smoked a little too much, drank a little too much, cussed a little too much and was stubborn to the core, but she loved her family and encouraged them to reach their full potential which is now seen in her four children and ten grandchildren. Her memory and spirit lives on with us. I remember how proud she was when I told her I would attend her alma mater Indiana University. She could have died happy right then and there knowing her oldest grandson would graduate from Old IU.

Next week, I hope to have another post on why your company should hire me. And if you don't, Wilma's rage will rain down upon thee from the heavens above!

No comments: