Monday, June 29, 2009

Reason to Hire John #22: Attitude

I'll admit for the past few weeks I feel like I've been living a country music song.

I still don't have a job, my girlfriend dumped me, I had to put my dog down and I still live in my parents basement.

Holy crap.

Yeah, I get down on myself. Yeah, I get frustrated. Who wouldn't though. This isn't quite what I had in mind for 24 years old. Our country is going through some really weird stuff right now. However I'm smart enough to realize that attitude is everything. Despite my current situation I keep fighting the good fight.

I keep searching for jobs. I keep applying for any appealing opportunity. I keep an open mind. I keep networking. I make follow-up calls. I send e-mails. I've even walked right up to the front door and delivered my resume in person.

No one owes me a job because I want one. I have to fight for one.

So in the meantime, I try to keep myself busy and my spirits up any way possible. A new soccer session started at Vetta. I've got a new softball league starting up. I've got some fresh job leads and networking opportunities.

Attitude is everything.

No comments: